TransformedDistribution -- odd problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120465] TransformedDistribution -- odd problem
- From: paulvonhippel at yahoo <paulvonhippel at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 03:19:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I'm having a very strange problem with TransformedDistribution, where I can calculate the mean of an F distribution but I cannot calculate the mean of a constant multiplied by an F distribution. That is, if I type Mean[TransformedDistribution[F, F \[Distributed] FRatioDistribution[v, v]]] Mathematica gives me an answer. But if I type Mean[TransformedDistribution[k*F , F \[Distributed] FRatioDistribution[v, v]]] Mathematica just echoes the input. I swear I got an answer for the second expression earlier today. What am I doing wrong?