Can't make Input[] work the way I want it to.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120496] Can't make Input[] work the way I want it to.
  • From: JonSilverman <jonsilverman2006 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:06:29 -0400 (EDT)

When prompted for an input by Input[], I want to input a list of
numbers. But when i try to enter more than one number I get something
like this:

RowBox[{"45", ",", "65", ",", "56"}]

What is that?

If I added spaces then the space got automatically turned into a
multiplication sign!

How can I enter a list at the input prompt?