Can't make Input[] work the way I want it to.

When prompted for an input by Input[], I want to input a list of
numbers. But when i try to enter more than one number I get something
like this:

RowBox[{"45", ",", "65", ",", "56"}]

What is that?

If I added spaces then the space got automatically turned into a
multiplication sign!

How can I enter a list at the input prompt?