Re: And now for something completely different

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120490] Re: And now for something completely different
  • From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:05:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:33:12 +0100, Richard Fateman
<fateman at cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Can you start a paragraph with "And"?
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid090413160418AAyfRO2
>
> says, 'No.'
>
> Stephen Wolfram often does so, and I find it annoying.
> example
> http://www.wolframscience.com/nksonline/page-42?firstview=1
>
> This construction seems to have been removed from the online
> documentation.
>
> --RJF

A curious choice of topic for this mailing list, if I may say so.
Nevertheless, I do agree with you that Stephen Wolfram seems to have a
rather awkward writing style.

However, in my humble opinion, one should be wary of using Yahoo! Answers
as a source, as it is populated almost entirely by trolls. Of course, I am
sure you would not wish to be associated with such a thing. :-)

Best,

O. R.