Re: And now for something completely different
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120490] Re: And now for something completely different
- From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:05:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:33:12 +0100, Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu> wrote: > Can you start a paragraph with "And"? > > http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid090413160418AAyfRO2 > > says, 'No.' > > Stephen Wolfram often does so, and I find it annoying. > example > http://www.wolframscience.com/nksonline/page-42?firstview=1 > > This construction seems to have been removed from the online > documentation. > > --RJF A curious choice of topic for this mailing list, if I may say so. Nevertheless, I do agree with you that Stephen Wolfram seems to have a rather awkward writing style. However, in my humble opinion, one should be wary of using Yahoo! Answers as a source, as it is populated almost entirely by trolls. Of course, I am sure you would not wish to be associated with such a thing. :-) Best, O. R.