Re: Preventing In-line Math Typesetting From Being Scaled Down in Text

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120516] Re: Preventing In-line Math Typesetting From Being Scaled Down in Text
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 06:12:08 -0400 (EDT)

Looks like there's a minor bug in the updating mechanism.  Perhaps this is what you ran into.  If, after following my procedure, you save, close, and reopen the notebook, you'll see that the change has taken effect.

Core.nb is inside the Mathematica layout, but it's generally not a good idea to be changing things there.  If you're hoping to make the change globally for all notebooks on your system, let me know and I can walk you through that procedure.  However, doing so will not change the notebook when viewed on somebody else's system, where as the Format->Edit Stylesheet... change will persist with the notebook regardless of which system it's viewed on.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group