Re: File directory

You can use NotebookDirectory[] to get the path to the current notebook.

In 8.01 the Save-As-Dialog behaves not as expected and opens in the path
of the last opened document as default instead of using the current
document´s path.

This results in widely scattered notebooks if you are not careful.

Regards,
Yves