CompressedData in Buttons

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120562] CompressedData in Buttons
  • From: barry brunson <mathisfun at mac.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 04:42:27 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry if this is really obvious.

I have some Buttons that display various data, e.g., area, population, density, etc. of U.S. states, and would like to update the data. I have only the buttons, not the Input code that produced them long ago. Using Show Expression on the button reveals that, instead of being in List form, much of the data appears as "CompressedData[ ... (gibberish) ...].

How can I recover the original, uncompressed, data so that I can revise it? I found nothing in the Documentation Center or Virtual Book, and none of the  74 hits on wolfram.com appear to shed any relevant light.

Thanks.