Ctrl+Number Shortcuts doesn't work

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120586] Ctrl+Number Shortcuts doesn't work
  • From: Jorge A. López López <jorgext at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 06:00:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hello All,

I have Mathematica 8, with Mac OS X.

My Problem:
When I want to add a superscript the shortcut is "Ctrl+6", it doesn't
work, if I use the Writing Assistant tool the superscript appears with
no errors. It also happen with any combination, like "Ctrl+2", for
square root.
Other kind of combinations, for example, "Ctrl+Shift+7" gives a
fraction, with no problems, also "Ctrl+_" works for subscripts

What I have done:
Reseting Mathematica preferences by pressing "Option+Shift" and
opening the program waiting for full start, did not work.
Removing "/Library/Mathematica/" and "Library/Mathematica/" folders, I
don't know if there are more pref. folders in the system, after this I
had to reenter activation keys, like a new installation but it did not
worked.

Well, please send help.

Best Regards,

--