Re: FinancialData errors

You purchased shares at 10.36, which WAS the "closing" price for that day.
(Note to PierPaolo: Mutual Funds, unlike stocks, do NOT trade DURING the
day).

The 10.23 price reported by Yahoo is an "adjusted" price. When a fund or
stock makes a distribution (typically dividends or capital gains), all
historical prices are "adjusted" downward in order that ROI  between two
dates is consistent.  JANFX distributes dividends at the end of every month.
Check out this URL:
<http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=JANFX&a=01&b=10&c11&d=02&e&f11&g=d

Note that both "Close" and "Adj Close" are available, and if you check
Mathematica's documentation you can learn how to obtain the former. The
adjusted prices are the defaults.