- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg119561] Re: querries
- From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at wolfram.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:37:54 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <201106090945.FAA06257@smc.vnet.net>
On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, Savits, Thomas H wrote:
> 1) Why does Mathematica not give the value 0 to the expression
> (mu*lambda)^(b) - (mu^b)*(lambda^b)? It seems to treat the expression (mu*lambda) as a new variable. I used the greek letters from the palette in the actual expression.
you could use PowerExpand to do that.
> 2) Many times I cannot get Mathematica to simplify expressions involving the exponential functions, e.g., it won't combine the arguments of the Exp functions. Is there a way to force this?
> Tom Savits
> Statistics Department
> University of Pittsburgh
Prev by Date:
Import HDF5 file with "Compound Data Structures"
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
- From: "Savits, Thomas H" <email@example.com>