Re: FindFit

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg119618] Re: FindFit
  • From: SigmundV <sigmundv at>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:14:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 5, 1:04 pm, sathyanarayana <sathyapalad... at> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have experimental data as y=f(x)
> and I need to fit using Levenberg-Marquardt method
> my model looks like  y=f1(t) and x=f2(t)
> I would really appreciate any help on this
> issue
> sathyanarayana
> paladugu_sat... at

Your problem description as slightly ambiguous. I take it that you
have a list of x coordinates, generated from a function f2(t), and a
list of y coordinates generated from a function f1(t). You then want
to fit a model f to the data. What's your upshot of a model? Did I
understand your problem correctly?

Once you have a model you want to fit, you can use Mathematicas
FindFit function, which takes the option Method ->