Re: Mathematica syntax problem: tsntxi
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg119677] Re: Mathematica syntax problem: tsntxi
- From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:08:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: hanlonr at cox.net
Square brackets are only used with function calls. The enclosing square brackets , [ ... ], either (1) don't belong and should be removed or changed to parentheses ( ... ); or (2) are missing the function for which they are enclosing an argument. Bob Hanlon ---- unabashed <olga.botvinnik at gmail.com> wrote: ============= Hello, I am new to Mathematica and cannot figure out this syntax problem: Syntax::tsntxi: "[((x-a)/A)^2+((y-b)/B)^2-2*r*(x-a)*(y-b)/(A*B)]" is incomplete; more input is needed. Can someone give me some insight? Thank you very much.