Re: How to suppress (hide) RunThrough window under Windows?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg116894] Re: How to suppress (hide) RunThrough window under Windows?
- From: Peter Pein <petsie at dordos.net>
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 06:00:30 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Am 02.03.2011 10:35, schrieb Michael: > Hi all, > > When I use Run or RunThrough on my machine (running Windows Vista), > it flashes a command prompt on my window during the execution of the > command. I've googled around quite a bit and have found a few things > to try, none of which have worked. (Programs, scripts, etc. which are > supposed to suppress the console display) I'm running some tests which > involve calling RunThrough hundreds of times and it makes my machine > unusable to have hundreds of console windows momentarily popping up > while I try to do something else while waiting for my tests to finish. > So, how do I hide these pop-up windows? > > > Thanks, > > Michael > > If you wrap a ReadList around the call to cmd.exe the window will not pop up. E.g.: dummy = ReadList["!dir C:\\cygwin\\bin", String]; hth, Peter