Re: Mathematica 8.0.1 for Mac $Version string?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg117123] Re: Mathematica 8.0.1 for Mac $Version string?
- From: Sander <s.g.huisman at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:10:05 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Actually the revision is saved in the variable $ReleaseNumber Best, Sander On Mar 9, 7:01 am, Jason Ledbetter <jasonbr... at gmail.com> wrote: > Folk, > > I received an email from Wolfram today about Mathematica 8.0.1 release. After > installing it, if I use Finder.app to browse to > /Applications/Mathematica.app and use cmd-i to open the information panel, > it shows the version as: "Mathematica 8.0.1  copyright 1988-2011 > Wolfram Research, Inc.". > > However, if I open the application and run $Version in a notebook, it says > the version is 8.0. > > Is it normal for the point releases not to show up in the $Version string? > > In:= $Version > Out= "8.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (February 23, 2011)" > > -jbl