Re: Mathematica 8.0.1 for Mac $Version string?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg117159] Re: Mathematica 8.0.1 for Mac $Version string?
- From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:16:36 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
$ReleaseNumber contains this information, In:= $ReleaseNumber Out= 1 On Mar 9, 7:01 am, Jason Ledbetter <jasonbr... at gmail.com> wrote: > Folk, > > I received an email from Wolfram today about Mathematica 8.0.1 release. A= fter > installing it, if I use Finder.app to browse to > /Applications/Mathematica.app and use cmd-i to open the information panel= , > it shows the version as: "Mathematica 8.0.1  copyright 1988-2011 > Wolfram Research, Inc.". > > However, if I open the application and run $Version in a notebook, it say= s > the version is 8.0. > > Is it normal for the point releases not to show up in the $Version string= ? > > In:= $Version > Out= "8.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (February 23, 2011)" > > -jbl