Re: Mathematica 8.0.1 for Mac $Version string?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg117117] Re: Mathematica 8.0.1 for Mac $Version string?
- From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:08:59 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am 09.03.2011 13:01, schrieb Jason Ledbetter: > Folk, > > I received an email from Wolfram today about Mathematica 8.0.1 release. After > installing it, if I use Finder.app to browse to > /Applications/Mathematica.app and use cmd-i to open the information panel, > it shows the version as: "Mathematica 8.0.1  copyright 1988-2011 > Wolfram Research, Inc.". > > However, if I open the application and run $Version in a notebook, it says > the version is 8.0. > > Is it normal for the point releases not to show up in the $Version string? I think it is, you will notice that the build date will be different for different releases. You can determine the exact release number with the combination of: $Version $ReleaseNumber which are also better suited for tests within your code, if that is what you are after... hth, albert