Re: Mathematica 8.0.1 for Mac $Version string?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg117155] Re: Mathematica 8.0.1 for Mac $Version string?
- From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:15:53 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: nma at 12000.org
On 3/9/2011 4:01 AM, Jason Ledbetter wrote: > Folk, > > I received an email from Wolfram today about Mathematica 8.0.1 release. After > installing it, if I use Finder.app to browse to > /Applications/Mathematica.app and use cmd-i to open the information panel, > it shows the version as: "Mathematica 8.0.1  copyright 1988-2011 > Wolfram Research, Inc.". > > However, if I open the application and run $Version in a notebook, it says > the version is 8.0. > > Is it normal for the point releases not to show up in the $Version string? > > In:= $Version > Out= "8.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (February 23, 2011)" > > > -jbl > > Yes, see my post on this as well for windows. I get the same. I think WRI only updates the major version number on $Version, that is why it still says 8.0 --Nasser