Re: Noticed now much improved response at Wolfram demonstrations.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118874] Re: Noticed now much improved response at Wolfram demonstrations.
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 03:06:01 -0400 (EDT)

The build process for the demonstrations had created some demonstrations files
with a needlessly large byte count, which increased the download time required
by the plugin.  In many cases, the size difference was pretty inconsequential,
but there were some outlier cases (some of which I'm guessing you found) where
we were able to reduce the size by a really considerable amount.

This was a side effect of our build process, not of any default settings in
Mathematica itself, so the problem wouldn't affect content created by somebody
else using a different process.

We've also been looking a lot at plugin speed issues across the board, and we've
made considerable independent progress in development versions of
Mathematica/Player, as well.  I'm not prepared to say yet when you'll be able to
see the fruits of those labors, though.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com