Filtering of the higher frequency terms.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119232] Filtering of the higher frequency terms.
  • From: Srinath Byregowda <sbyregow at asu.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 19:32:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Group,

I had a favor to ask. I am working on reducing the terms of a nonlinear
transmitter model.

The equation has thousands of terms, in which I need to remove the higher
frequency terms. The terms have "w" in them which is the higher frequency
and "w1" and "w2" which are the lower frequency terms.

I have written a perl script to delete all the terms that have w in them.
And the script is working fine.

However, there are some terms such as (G^2 Sin[ptx + (t - td) w - (-rtx + t)
w1 - (-rdtx - rtx +t) w2 - wt])/(4 K^2). Terms like these are being deleted
but I do not want them to be deleted because +wt and -wt will actually get
cancelled and its lower frequency term..

I want to know if there is a command simplify the parameters inside the
brackets of Sin expression.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Srinath