Import files on accessible URL and save in local machine.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122658] Import files on accessible URL and save in local machine.
  • From: Gy Peng <hitphyopt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 04:45:16 -0500 (EST)

Dear Mathematica friends,

I want to Import some files stored on internet by:

Import["http://url";, ...]

This allow me to see the file in the notebook of mathematica. However, what
I want to do is to download and save the files in local machine. And since
I have may be hundreds or thousands files need to be download and save. Is
there any why in Mathematica to do it in a most optimized and fast way?

And can read the file names in a single string in Mathematica like:

{ file1, file2, file3, file4, ...}

How could I make a loop in Mathematica to download and save all of them in a same directory in local machine by Mathematica?

I would thank you for all your kind reply and help!!!!