Re: Import files on accessible URL and save in

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122784] Re: Import files on accessible URL and save in
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 06:54:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi Todd,

I rechecked the situation and I have to admit that you are right. It's
not FetchURLs fault and the files created can be deleted.
This package-installer of mine is a java-jar which is used to extract
the zipped contents of my Mathematica-package into its
destination-folder. To do this, I load the jar into the classpath and
call the methods through JLink. My last two lines of the install
function are

	ReinstallJava[];
	Quiet[DeleteFile[{installer, newTVPackage}]];

Here, I was clearly wrong since I thought that ReinstallJava[] works
instantly and loses the connection to the "installer" jar file. After
guessing around, I found that this works:

	UninstallJava[];
	Pause[1];
	InstallJava[];
	DeleteFile[{installer, newTVPackage}];

Question: Is there a right way, when I really want to uninstall a
jar-file from the classpath I used with JLink?

Question: Is there any better possibility to extract the contents of a
gzip|zip|tar|tgz into an arbitrary folder? I tried really hard to find
this functionality inside Import but I failed and had to write my own
java-classes doing this.

Cheers
Patrick