Re: Simple DSolve equation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg122854] Re: Simple DSolve equation
  • From: "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <weh at>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 07:35:50 -0500 (EST)

"Rui" <rui.rojo at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:j95p9b$m6s$1 at
> Wolfgang, but I think C[1] Sin[p/10 Pi x] are all solutions for p
> integer, right?

yes you are right, and these are all given in the list of results in my

The point was that Mathematica indeed produces the correct Eigenvalues,
at least if you follow the procedure I have described.

The latter is, by the way, very close to what one nomally
does when solving Eigenvalue problems from diffenrential equations.