All previous notebooks open at startup

Hello,
I recent upgrade to 8.04 and to MacOs 10.7.

When I start mathematica now, *every* screen from my previous session
opens.  I looked at the options inspector, and Preferences and couldn't
find anything to stop this behavior. Does anyone know.

The problem is that some dynamic content in a previous notebook is
causing the continual "Reformatting Notebook and spinning ball of
Sisyphus"

Craig

W Craig Carter
Professor of Materials Science, MIT