Re: Laplace equation with gradient boundary conditions

On 29 Nov 2011, at 13:03, Tom Wolander wrote:

> Could somebody help me by answering whether Laplace equation with
> Robin like BC can't really be solved?
> And if it can be done, what have I missed to make NDSolve work?

I think it is quite clearly stated that NDSolve, which uses the method
of lines to solve PDE's, can't solve purely elliptic PDE's, including
the Laplace equation.
I believe (though not on the basis of any personal experience) that you
can do much of what you want with the IMTEK package
http://portal.uni-freiburg.de/imteksimulation/downloads/ims

Andrzej Kozlowski