A function to do incomplete LU decomposition with a drop tolerance?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg123287] A function to do incomplete LU decomposition with a drop tolerance?
- From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 03:21:55 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Reply-to: nma at 12000.org
I need to use ILU as a preconditioner for a conjugate gradient solver
I am writing in Mathematica. But looking around, I am not able to
find one in Mathematica. Only reference I found is here
Where it say in the above the following:
"For sparse arrays, LinearSolve uses UMFPACK multifrontal direct solver
methods and with Method uses Krylov iterative methods preconditioned
by an incomplete LU factorization"
But how does a user access this ILU from Mathematica?
I do have the A matrix (sparse).
Also, I see still that the Incomplete Cholesky decomposition
does not have a drop tolerance parameter. I hope in version 9
Prev by Date:
Re: problem in minimization of a matrix
Next by Date:
Re: How to simplify ArcSin formula
Previous by thread:
Re: How to sort elements from a two-dimensional list
Next by thread:
Re: A function to do incomplete LU decomposition with a drop tolerance?