Re: DynamicModule Pure Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121801] Re: DynamicModule Pure Function
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 04:21:21 -0400 (EDT)

The default range of a slider is 0 to 1. In your example, BOTH sliders
range from 0 on the left to 1 on the right.

The first slider has value Dynamic@x, so changing x moves the slider, and
moving the slider also changes x. The second slider generally has value 1
- x (the first argument of that Slider), so moving the first slider moves
the second.

The second argument of the second slider is a pure function whose argument
(#) is the numerical value of the slider, as determined by where you drag
the slider with the cursor. (When you're NOT dragging it, the pure
function is not invoked, and # has no value.) When you drag the second
slider, the pure function sets x equal to 1 - #, or 1 minus the value of
the second slider.

Changing x moves the first slider, so moving the second slider moves the
first.

Whichever slider you're moving, 1 - x is the mirror image of x, so the
sliders are "inverse" to one another.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com