Re: A collection of Mathematica learning resources

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121809] Re: A collection of Mathematica learning resources
  • From: dimitris <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 04:22:48 -0400 (EDT)

Great job indeed!

I would like to mention the book:

"Mathematica=C2=AE:A Problem-Centered Approach"

by Roozbeh Hazrat

A little book (only 203p) that nevertheless succeeds in teaching
fundamentals of programming in Mathematica through well chosen
examples from number theory make it thus easily accessible.

On 2 =CE=9F=CE=BA=CF=84, 09:35, Faysal Aberkane <faysal.aberk... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a collection of resources I started to collect for a friend who
> wanted to learn Mathematica. As it grew bigger It thought it would
> interest other people.
> Of course it's not exhaustive so feel free to reply with related
> links.
>
> Introductionhttp://www.wolfram.com/events/virtual-conference-2011/presentations/http://www.wolfram.com/broadcast/http://documents.wolfram.com/flash/http://vimeo.com/user4552113/videos
>
> Then:http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/5216/ProgrammingFund...http://bmia.bmt.tue.nl/Software/Downloads/Campus/TrainingMathematicaE...http://www.mathprogramming-intro.org/http://playingwithmathematica.com/learn-mathematica/http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/HowToTopics.htmlhttp://www.verbeia.com/mathematica/tips/Tricks.htmlhttp://library.wolfram.com/conferences/devconf99/villegas/Unevaluated...
>
> Basic advice for people new to Mathematica:
> avoid iterative programming using loops like For, use instead
> functional programming functions Map, MapThread, FoldList ... and pure
> functions. This makes the code cleaner and faster.http://reference.wolfra=
m.com/mathematica/guide/FunctionalProgramming....http://reference.wolfram.c=
om/mathematica/tutorial/PureFunctions.html

> Wolfram Websiteshttp://blog.wolfram.comhttp://twitter.com/#!/mathematicat=
iphttp://blog.stephenwolfram.comhttp://blog.wolframalpha.comhttp://www.math=
ematica-journal.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/WolframResearch#g/ahttp://ww=
w.wolfram.com/learningcenter/tutorialcollection/http://demonstrations.wolfr=
am.com/http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/Mathematica.htmlhttp:=
//library.wolfram.com/infocenter/search/?search_results=1;pages_...

http://textanddatamining.blogspot.com/http://playingwithmathematica.comhttp=
://www.weber-und-partner.com/resources/index.htm

> Forums:https://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematicahttp=
://www.mathkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/mathematica/201107/1http://stackoverflow.=