Re: importing data into a CDF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121927] Re: importing data into a CDF
  • From: A Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 04:42:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> I am trying to write a CDF that will import data from a specified file on
> the users computer, do some data analysis, then export the results to
> another file on the users computer. Does anyone know how to do this?

AFAIK there is nothing special to know about it -- except that it won't
work with the free Player, which can not import and export data. If you
need Mathematica (or Player Pro, which only is available as version 7)
to execute the code then the CDF format doesn't actually have advantages
over the normal notebook format at this time, though.

hth,

albert