How long does it take to run the Notebook that makes the mathematica Quintic poster?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg122020] How long does it take to run the Notebook that makes the mathematica Quintic poster?
- From: zeno <zeno333 at mindspring.com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 03:52:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
There is a Notebook at... http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/TechNotes/158/ that has the Notebook called Pictures.nb that has the code and images of the past large Quintic poster from mathematica...the notebook warns that it takes a long time, but it has been running for more thna 3 days....(I am using the old 5.2 version of mathematica for compatibility with that older Notebook). I am running a 933 Mhz Macintosh G4 OSX machine.....How long does it take to run this? I am tempted to give up and abort the run.....I already have the output that came with the Notebook, but i wanted my machine to actually make the images....