Interesting problem looking for a solution.

Hello,

I have an (I think) interesting problem for you Mathematica gurus.

I'm trying to create a worksheet for my students and want to be able to display the plot of a randomly generated function f[x], without them being able to access the expression which defines f; In other words, I don't want them to be able to evaluate f[x].

The idea is that each student will get a different function f[x] and will see a different graph and they have to determine the expression which defines f. They then have to plot the function they think is f against the actual function f[x] and turn in the two plots (or the one plot with the two graphs.)

Is this possible?

Thanks much,
Gary