Re: Making a function out of repeated hyperbola integrations?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122077] Re: Making a function out of repeated hyperbola integrations?
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 03:43:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

with the starting value n-a everything you have to do is to
iterate the the following two steps again and again

1. replacing n->n/x
2. integrating

and that is as simple as it sounds:

NestList[Function[
  Integrate[# /. n -> n/x, {x, a, n/a},
   GenerateConditions -> False]],
 n - a, 4]

If you want the first starting element dropped, use Rest on the resulting
list.

Cheers
Patrick