Re: Export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122119] Re: Export
  • From: Chris Degnen <degnen at cwgsy.net>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 06:03:10 -0400 (EDT)

This summary of your bug works in version 8:

rose = Import["ExampleData/rose.gif"];
gif = ExportString[rose, "GIF"];
encoded = ExportString[gif, "Base64"];
ImportString[encoded, "Base64"]

and this modified version also works in version 7:

rose = Import["ExampleData/rose.gif"];
encoded = ExportString[rose, {"Base64", "GIF"}];
ImportString[encoded, "Base64"]