Re: Plot function with two arguments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122126] Re: Plot function with two arguments
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 06:04:27 -0400 (EDT)

That question has been asked on Mathgroup about 7 thousand times, and the
answer is:

Attributes@Plot

{HoldAll, Protected}

Because of the HoldAll attribute, Plot doesn't "know" that it's plotting
several functions (and especially not how many there are) until too late
to apply colors.

I think Plot should determine the number of lines being drawn before
deciding PlotStyles, but... it doesn't.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com