Re: Levene and BrownForsythe Tests

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122157] Re: Levene and BrownForsythe Tests
  • From: Andy Ross <andyr at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:09:07 -0400 (EDT)

The definition present in 8.0 and 8.0.1 use the squares of differences
as you say. That definition is a bit obscure compared to the more common
interpretation you mention. The code was updated some time ago to use
the more common definition and should be present in the next minor
release of Mathematica.

Sorry about the confusion.

Andy Ross
Wolfram Research Inc.