contour plot on a general surface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122192] contour plot on a general surface
  • From: "Stephens, Kenny" <kstephens at hsutx.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 07:42:45 -0400 (EDT)

I want to make a 2D contour plot but want the plot projected onto an arbitrary surface. For example, say I have the radial vibrations of a cylinder (as a function of polar angle and axial position). I would like a contour plo of the amplitude mapped onto the surface of the cylinder.
Any suggestions?

Kenny