Combine sqrts in denominator
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg122397] Combine sqrts in denominator
- From: Tom D <tomdickens at att.net>
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 06:32:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I'm doing a calculation that results in terms of the form
1/ Sqrt[ -h + Sqrt[h^2 + r^2]] * 1/Sqrt[h + Sqrt[h^2 + r^2]] * (other
One sees that this simplifies to (other functions)/r.
It would helpful to make Mathematica perform this simplification, but
I have not been able to get Simplify or FullSimplify or anything
else to do it.
How would I be able to do this?
Prev by Date:
Re: Style options bug
Next by Date:
Re: Coin Toss Sim
Previous by thread:
Re: Full simplify problem - thanks
Next by thread:
Re: Combine sqrts in denominator