Re: Error on importing previously saved data file: Get::bigfile

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122386] Re: Error on importing previously saved data file: Get::bigfile
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza10 at msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 06:30:02 -0400 (EDT)

Maybe you could use Put (>>) and Get(<<) instead of Save. E.g.
In[1]:= SetDirectory[$TemporaryDirectory];
In[7]:= data = RandomChoice[Range[0, 9], 1000000];
In[8]:= data >> "digits";
In[9]:= ByteCount[data]
Out[9]= 4000168
In[10]:= << digits; // AbsoluteTiming
Out[10]= {2.8584000, Null}
Takes less than 3 seconds to load, so perhaps this approach might be useful. Of course your file is about 150 times as large.
Put by default writes expressions in InputForm.
--Tomas