FindInstance with all positive numbers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122476] FindInstance with all positive numbers
  • From: Arthur Grabovsky <shukrri at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 07:13:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

To ensure FindInstance[] returns all positive numbers I would do:

FindInstance[a+b=5&&a>0&&b>0,{a,b}];

However I need to do the same but without having to list all individual variables. The reason is that I will be iterating through lists with a large, variable number of elements so writing out a>0&&b>0 all the way until z>0 is impractical.

Thanks.