Re: Defective Mesh lines in ContourPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121162] Re: Defective Mesh lines in ContourPlot3D
  • From: Roger Bagula <roger.bagula at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 06:04:01 -0400 (EDT)

Getting the color out...
*.mtl files are generated when you make a Mathematica *.obj export.
They are said to contain the color information.
*.3ds will transfer color and are made with Mathematica as well.

There is still the problem of what the printers call:
Non-Manifold
model outputs in Mathematica.
It appears that Mathematica models leave holes
that 3d Printers can't stand. They all have to be repaired
and mesh holes closed.
They all deal with me like I'm the village idiot
for having such bad mesh files, LOL.
Roger Bagula