Re: Assembling PDFs into a PDF document?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121202] Re: Assembling PDFs into a PDF document?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 17:56:44 -0400 (EDT)

On 9/3/11 at 8:05 AM, dmaxwarren at gmail.com (dr DanW) wrote:

>Since this is a Mathematica forum, I have to ask the group: Can
>Mathematica be used to script Automator or Applescript actions?

Yes. You could actually run an Applescript from Mathematica.
There are unix utilities that allow you to call Applescript from
them. And with Mathematica's Run function, you can call up any
unix script from Mathematica.

Additionally, with the current Mac OS, you can run Python, Perl,
Ruby etc., pretty much any scripting language you like. With the
command line interface to Mathematica, you can do just about
anything you like with respect to either scripting Mathematica
or running scripts from Mathematica.

But it is good to keep in mind even though Mathematica is a very
powerful tool, Mathematica is not the most efficient tool for
everything you might want to do with a computer.