Re: Resizing graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121209] Re: Resizing graphics
  • From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 04:13:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 22:55:52 +0100, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at me.com>
wrote:

> I can resize a Plot inside Manipulate by dragging the graphic but how
> can I specify the *exact* size of the graph? I have a series of graphs,
> each in a different cell, and I want them to be resized to identical
> sizes.
>
> Thanks

Show[plot, ImageSize -> size]

where 'size' is the size you want. Alternatively, before producing the
graphs, you can use

SetOptions[Plot, ImageSize -> size]

so that they are all output with the same size to begin with.

Either way, this only deals with the horizontal size (i.e. width). If the
aspect ratios are different and you want them to be the same (i.e.
identical heights and widths for all plots) then you should also specify
the AspectRatio option (and/or BoxRatios in the case of 3-d plots).