Re: Assembling PDFs into a PDF document?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg121266] Re: Assembling PDFs into a PDF document?
  • From: Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 03:59:46 -0400 (EDT)
> Thanks very much -- but here's an even simpler way,
> using just Plain
> TeX and TeXShop, without needing to bring Mathematica
> into the picture
> at all.

I thought that the whole point of the challenge was to use Mathematica!  :-)

> %   To insert a centered PDF image in TeXShop
> \pageinsert
>    \null \vfill
>       \centerline{
>          \pdfximage
>             width xx in {my_pdf_file_name.pdf}
>          \pdfrefximage
>       \pdflastximage }
>    \vfill
> \endinsert
> where xx is the width in inches you want the PDF
> image to occupy on
> the page.
> Just write a TeX preamble that sets the various pdf
> page size,shape
> and margin parameters, then insert a bunch of these
> \pageinserts, one
> per file.

But don't you have to code the list of files manually? The notebook I posted produces a latex file  in which the list of files, however long, is processed by mathematica (see example below). You can probably adapt it to the plain TeX version.

As a side comment, pdfpages allows you to include pdf files with multiple pages and even to choose which pages to include. My example includes all pages.

> TeXShop and complete installation of TeX Live of
> course available as
> MacTeX from TUG; be sure to join TUG to support this.

There is also a support group dedicated to TeX on Mac: