Re: CDF files now on Gyre&Gimble (math blog)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg121277] Re: CDF files now on Gyre&Gimble (math blog)
  • From: JUN <noeckel at>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 05:39:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Sep 6, 1:09 am, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsou... at> wrote:
> > This apparently does not work on Safari:
> >
> > One sees the graph but there is no interactivity....
> I have no trouble interacting with the graph.

One worrisome thing about CDF is that it appears to conflict with
Mathematica when a Parallel computation is running (at least on Mac OS
X 10.6.8):

1) Save important files because your computer might slow to a crawl in
this experiment (be prepared to force-quit Mathematica).
2) In Mathematica, start a long evaluation using all kernels. The
following is an example, you could adjust the number of iterations:
  Rasterize[Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, \[Pi]}], ImageResolution -> 144], {i,
3) While the above is running, try to open a web page with a CDF in
it, for example

The CDF will not load and hence the web page will not display
properly. The same happens on and also on W|A when
CDF is enabled.