Re: CDF files now on Gyre&Gimble (math blog)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121487] Re: CDF files now on Gyre&Gimble (math blog)
  • From: Mike Thayer <michael.r.thayer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 06:25:31 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you very much, and I want to try it out, but I still have one
(clearly stupid) question:

The CDF file itself that you wish to embed in your blogpost has been
stored somewhere OTHER than at a Google site, e.g.
http://blog.wolfram.com/data/uploads/2011/07/Animation11.cdf

If I wanted to store a CDF somewhere within Google space, so that it
would be available to embed into a blogpost, where should it go? I was
trying to put it into Google Docs, but that doesn't seem to work. That
is, I want to have the "cdf.addNewObject" line of code point to a web
address in the Google domain, presumably a place where I can actually
store something. Thoughts? Anyone?

Thanks,
Mike

On Aug 28, 4:07 am, "Stephen Luttrell"
<steve at _removemefirst_stephenluttrell.com> wrote:
> I found a way of publishingCDFon Blogger blog by scavenging the source of
> the Wolfram blog post athttp://blog.wolfram.com/2011/07/15/mathematica-qa=
-creating-movie-files. If
> the 2 pieces of HTML that I quote below have become damaged in this post,
> then they can easily be found in the Wolfram blog post.
>
> STEP 1:
>
> In Blogger go to Dashboard / <blogname> / Settings / Design / Edit HTML /
> Insert the following code between <head> and "</head>" (this needs to be
> done only once):
>
> <script
> src='http://blog.wolfram.com/common/javascript/cdfplugin/1.0/cdfplugin.=
js?...
> type='text/javascript'/>
>
> STEP 2:
>
> Create your new blogger post with everything except theCDFcontent.
>
> STEP 3:
>
> In Blogger select Edit HTML, and then insert the following code into the
> body of your post where you want aCDFto appear (this is an exact copy of
> some code from the Wolfram blog post above - no doubt this could be prune=
> as necessary):

> #e8e8e8; border: 1px solid rgb(160, 160, 160); color: #333333; height:
> 300px; margin-bottom: 15px; text-align: center; width: 450px;">
> <noscript>&lt;br /&gt;    &lt;p style="margin: 0; padding: 10px 10p=
> 0"&gt;To view the full content of this page, please enable JavaScript in
> your browser. &lt;br /&gt;    Learn more &lt;a
> href="http://www.wolframalpha.com/jsMac.html"&gt;here&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/p&=
gt;
> </noscript>

> To view this content, please install <em>WolframCDFPlayer</em>. You can
> install the free <em>CDFPlayer</em> <a
> href="http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/download-cdf-player.html";
> title="WolframCDFPlayer">here</a>.</div>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> varcdf= new cdf_plugin();cdf.addCDFObject("A0a80e4147b724017e6b37e1ab7e=
8f9c5",
> "http://blog.wolfram.com/data/uploads/2011/07/Animation11.cdf";, 450, 300)=
;
> </script></div>
>
> Finally, publish your post.
>
> You can see the result of this feasibility test athttp://stephenluttrell.=
blogspot.com/2011/07/embedding-computable-docu....