MathGroup Archive 2011

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

NonlinearModelFit and "ANOVATable" and "ParameterConfidenceIntervalTable"

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121278] NonlinearModelFit and "ANOVATable" and "ParameterConfidenceIntervalTable"
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 05:39:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com

Dear friends,

I'm a Mathematica beginner and use in the course of a small project at my college in Germany. I'm using NonlinearModelFit in order to do fit a model to experimental data. I post the code in the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In[1]:= data = {{1., 0.75}, {2., 0.89}, {3., 0.42}, {4., 0.99}, {5.,0.84}, {6., 0.34}, {7., 0.83}, {8., 0.93}, {9., 0.76}, {10.,0.11}};
nlm = NonlinearModelFit[data, {Exp[a + b x^2], b < -1/2}, {{a, 0}, {b, -1}}, x]

In[2]:= nlm[{"ANOVATable", "ParameterConfidenceIntervalTable"}]

During evaluation of In[9]:= FittedModel::constr: The property values {ANOVATable,ParameterConfidenceIntervalTable} assume an unconstrained model. The results for these properties may not be valid, particularly if the fitted parameters are near a constraint boundary. >>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my questions to my problem:

I cannot interpret these results ?

1. Are the results from the ANOVATable the same as the results from the ANOVA (Analysis of Variance) ?
2. Which formulas uses Mathematica to obtain these results ? 
3. How Mathematica calculates the ANOVATable EXACTLY ???????

Greatings, Hans

• Prev by Date: Re: Print bug with -script? (quotes display)
  • Next by Date: Re: How to generate report with Mathematica script from command line (no front end)
  • Previous by thread: getting data written to notebook to look nice
  • Next by thread: Re: NonlinearModelFit and "ANOVATable" and "ParameterConfidenceIntervalTable"