Re: Quit versus Clear["Global`*"]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121295] Re: Quit versus Clear["Global`*"]
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 08:29:35 -0400 (EDT)

But then shouldn't the kernel restart on the next line? If not, then
when would the kernel restart? Never? After we wait a few seconds?

Quit (* the kernel quits *)
x=1; (* shouldn't the kernel restart here? *)

Actually, it appears that Quit takes some time to execute, and in
parallel, further commands execute, but then their results are killed off.

Kevin