MatrixPower is slow with Mathematica 8
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121296] MatrixPower is slow with Mathematica 8
- From: "Genoni, Marco G" <m.genoni at imperial.ac.uk>
- Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 05:25:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I switched to the new version of Mathematica a week ago and
today I was working on an old notebook.
I noticed that the function "MatrixPower" is incredibly slower than in
version 7.0 (I'm using it for a quite involved 4x4 matrix... ).
I tried to run the same notebook both on my desktop and my
macbook, and I got the same problem.
I wonder if anyone has noticed the same problem and if there
is maybe a new/different function that I can use...
(ok, I can try to diagonalise and "power the matrix with my
own hands", but I hope there is a different solution...)
Prev by Date:
Re: Quit versus Clear["Global`*"]
Next by Date:
Re: Invoking pdflatex from a notebook
Previous by thread:
PlotMarkers Documentation inconsistency
Next by thread:
What are the best setting for ListSurfacePlot3D?