MatrixPower is slow with Mathematica 8
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121296] MatrixPower is slow with Mathematica 8
- From: "Genoni, Marco G" <m.genoni at imperial.ac.uk>
- Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 05:25:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Hi, I switched to the new version of Mathematica a week ago and today I was working on an old notebook. I noticed that the function "MatrixPower" is incredibly slower than in version 7.0 (I'm using it for a quite involved 4x4 matrix... ). I tried to run the same notebook both on my desktop and my macbook, and I got the same problem. I wonder if anyone has noticed the same problem and if there is maybe a new/different function that I can use... (ok, I can try to diagonalise and "power the matrix with my own hands", but I hope there is a different solution...) Thank you!