CUDA Initialization Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121374] CUDA Initialization Problem
  • From: 山内 一郎 <ichiro at yamauchi.co.jp>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:18:00 -0400 (EDT)

I use Mathematica 8 on MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.8 and installed CUDA Driver
4.0.50 with CUDA Resources 8.0.1.2 and they works OK.  But once I
power off Mac and later power on again, CUDA fails to be initialized
( CUDAQ returns "False" )  Found reinstall of CUDA Driver fix this.
I have another Mathematica 8 Home Edition on MacBook Air OSX 10.7.1
and they have same problem.  Just after power on, I have checked both
Driver and Resources are properly installed where they should be.
So don't understand why reinstall of Driver is required every time.
I appreciate if anyone advise me how to fix my headache.

  I Yamauchi