Re: How create new style sheet- Mathematica 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121387] Re: How create new style sheet- Mathematica 8
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:20:20 -0400 (EDT)

But suppose it's a style sheet from an application that already exists and
has been edited. How do you get it to save back into the same
application/FrontEnd/StyleSheets location?

I know there is a Browse option, but it is broken if there are more than two
style sheets in the location. It only shows two and if the edited style
sheet is not one of them you can't save it.

Version 8 destroyed the SaveAs option and this was a disaster.

Now you have to Install, go looking for the style sheet and move it back to
where you really want it.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: John Fultz [mailto:jfultz at wolfram.com]

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 07:29:17 -0400 (EDT), Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> How does one create (and save!) a new style sheet in Mathematica 8?
>
> One way that used to work in earlier versions was:
>
> 1. Open a new notebook, say Untitled-1.nb.
>
> 2. From the menu, select Format > Edit StyleSheet, which pops up a
> "Private Style Defintions for Untitled-1.nb" style sheet.
>
> 3. Edit that popped-up style sheet.

At this point, press the Install button on the toolbar.  That will save it on
your stylesheet path where it will automatically be found and populated into the
menus.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com