Manipulate + Algorithm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121406] Manipulate + Algorithm
  • From: Lengyel Tamas <lt648 at hszk.bme.hu>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 05:13:34 -0400 (EDT)

Dear MathWorld users,

I have successfully implemented an algorithm in Mathematica. To keep it
short it basically calculates rows of vectors and then uses these Tables
and vectors in the next few steps of the algorithm to create a final Table
which then I can plot.

The first step is defining some physical parameters (in this case optical
fibers). Some sets of parameters define a type of fiber, while the rest
(e.g. length, input power from lasers) define the link.

My goal is to create an interface where I can choose between the different
types of fibers (from a drop-down column) and fields where integers can be
typed in (length, input power etc).
Once that is done, I'd like to run the algorithm and plot the result (for
example a "RUN & PLOT" button).

I know Manipulate is the answer, but I can't find a proper example for
algorithms, just simple functions.

If you have an idea how to start, please share your ideas :)

Thanks.

Tamás Lengyel

Is it possible t