Re: Changing Style Sheets in 8.0

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg121457] Re: Changing Style Sheets in 8.0
  • From: Dan <dflatin at>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 05:45:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Sep 14, 5:17 am, Sergio Miguel Terrazas Porras <sterr... at>
> Hello guys!
> I have been reading several messages discussing how to edit an existing Style Sheet and saving it with another name in version 8.
> Some years ago, I needed to do just that, and some one in the group posted a brute force method that I also used in version 8.
> Here it is: A style sheet is just a notebook. Open the style sheet you need to edit, and save it (Save as) on your desktop.
> Then open the hard drive: C: Program Files->Wolfram Research->Mathematica->8.0->System Files->Front End->Style Sheets and just drag it there.
> It might seem awkward, but it works and it has worked no matter what version we are talking about.

For what it is worth, all the kool kids will use

to open the directory containing the user style sheets. While I have
yet to take advantage of the full spectrum of style sheet
capabilities, smoothly switching from working mode to printing to
presentation, I have made some working mode style sheets that I like.
I used the style sheet included with David Park's excellent
Presentations package as a guide. I learned a lot from that example.

-- Dan